THANK YOU!!!!!!

Hey guys, I wanted to take a quick moment to say THANK YOU!

Yesterday, I was pretty honest on here and told you guys that I was feeling so many different emotions with the release of Let Hope In. I felt excited to finally share the message of hope, but also nervous and absolutely scared.

I had an outpouring of support yesterday. I walked into the office greeted by our whole staff who surprised me at the front door with a big cheer. We had lunch together and they prayed over me and the book. I had several great friends, mentors, and brothers in ministry reach out with a phone call or email with a word of encouragement. Some even gave up their evenings just to join the webcast to share the message of hope. And then all of your support. Those of you who reached out on social media, those who watched the live webcast, my friends and family who came to our launch event, and the amazing launch team. Your support really does mean the world to me and I am so thankful for each and every one of you.

I said this yesterday, and I want to say it again: I wrote this specific book for one reason: I BELIEVE WITH ALL OF MY HEART THAT HOPE CHANGES EVERYTHING. So, for today’s Hope Day, I wanted to share a small excerpt. It’s an excerpt that doesn’t have a pretty bow at the end. It’s an excerpt that asks a question, and that question really sets up a lot of what we cover in the book.

I think most of us are pretty hopeful about the future. We carry our dreams around believing that one day we’ll give birth to them. We generally believe that tomorrow is going to be better than today. We like to think that our careers will head in the right direction, our relationships will become even richer, and that the sense of purpose we’re chasing after will finally be fulfilled.

But there’s one thing often standing in the way of this desirable future we all hope and long for: our seemingly unforgettable past. The reality is that the best predictor of our future is, in fact, our past. What we have done in the past is probably what we will do in the future, unless there have been some big changes, some monumental transformation. And I want to start by asking important questions: Do you like who you’re becoming? Who you’re growing up to be? Really?

My prayer for anyone who reads this book, or if you know someone who needs it, is rooted in Ephesians 1:18 which says “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you.”

So if you, or someone you know, really needs the message of hope right now, please leave a comment and we’ll send the book along with some other items out to a few people today We have a VERY limited supply so we’ll pick a few random people later today. I’d love to get this material into the hands of someone who is in need right now.

You can also go out to your local bookstore today or purchase a copy online for yourself and maybe for a friend you think could use a little hope right now.

LET HOPE IN by Pete Wilson

13 Responses to “THANK YOU!!!!!!”

1. cindi says:

My hope is that my past failures are NOT predictors of the future. I have big dreams. I want to see them come to reality. But that little voice inside my head screams that I have always failed, and I will continue to fail. I am unsettled by your question. I desperately want to know that hope is possible. That failure is not inevitable.

2. Tracy Schrimpf says:

I used to think exactly that: that my past was the biggest predictor of my future…until God drug me out of my pit and changed my heart. I am learning about faith that moves mountains and being audacious in my hope (which is so unlike the old me). I can’t wait to get my hands on this book!

3. Nadine P says:

Thank you! Looking forward to reading the book.

4. Pete, thank you for being who you are.

5. Brittany Bartkowiak says:

I have friends that have hit a very rocky spot in their marriage and I think… no wait, I KNOW this book will be life changing for them! Thanks Pete!

6. Lisa Syler says:

I have a friend who just lost her sister who needs the message of hope, as it appears she struggles to believe in a God who would have allowed such a tragedy!

7. MIchael says:

Pete, I have a business friend that I’ve been building trust and relationship with for a couple of years now. She is going through a tough time. Just this morning I saw her and she almost broke down trying to chat with me. When I read this post I KNEW that your book could be the key that unlocks the door for JESUS to change everything in her world. If you choose to send me one I promise to get it to her the day it arrives!

Thanks again for your giving HOPE!

-Michael

8. This book was so encouraging for me in so many ways. Thank you for letting me partner with you in bringing this message to people as part of the launch team. I know God is going to bless many and bring hope to many through these words.

9. Shaye Waller says:

I am desperate for some hope- finding hope. I have had many past failures, and my hope is that they are not a predictor of my future, as I have believed for a while. I need some re-focus and a belief that hope can help.

10. Brant says:

Looking forward to reading this book. I have read the first chapter and looks very inspiring.

11. sue says:

I’m glad your whole team came around you and prayed. What a wonderful way to feel supported and cherished. It is a joy to build the kingdom with friends. May this be a wonderful beginning to a HOPE-filled year. Thanks for letting hope in,
    Sue Detweiler

12. Stephanie says:

Honored to be a part of this process. Praying God continues to use you, your team, and your writing!

13. Beben Cadman says:

This was so long ago so not sure but my husband really needs to read this book.
    I have found refreshed just by reading this blog.
    You are blessed.