Earth Is Crammed With Heaven

Elizabeth Barrett Browning once said, “Earth’s crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God. But only he who sees takes off his shoes;”

I believe your day today will be full of “burning bush moments”. These are moments where God wants to show Himself to you or maybe speak into your life.

-It might be a verse you read.
-It might be a sunset you watch.
-It might be a friend who surprises you with lunch.
-It might be the laughter of a child.

It’s real easy in our fast paced, frenzied world to miss these moments. So today remember that “earth is crammed with heaven”.

God is here. He is with you.

Just slow down, open your eyes, and whatever you do, don’t forget to take off your shoes.

9 Responses to “Earth Is Crammed With Heaven”

1. Peter says:

I had that experience two days ago. I wrote down every detail of it because I didn’t want to forget it. The problem is that life gets so busy that it is hard to hear, and hard to see all of those burning bushes. Shame on us for not slowing down on purpose to stop and enjoy God.

2. Betsy says:

This is so true. It’s easy to miss it… it’s easy to be distracted by all the noise that I miss the still small voice.

Thank you for taking the time to blog. You have been used by God in our lives and in our marriage many times. Thanks.

3. ...adam says:

Love that quote and this imagery, especially as we enter Advent and are reminded of the significance of Emmanuel.

4. Dionna says:

I love the way you put this. I am longing for more God moments. I am looking. I am waiting.

5. Daniel Reid says:

I was a student at Baylor University in the 80’s, the home of the Browning Library and I attended classes in the basement of that building. It was not until the summer of 2011 that I ever went into the actual library to marvel at the beauty of library and its works of art, its fire. Being unable to see God’s present in the world is like not going into the library. It was right in front of me but I did not see its glory until I slowed down enough to appreciate it and go in.

6. […] this cool post from Pete Wilson WithoutWax.tv by Pete Wilson, about Earth Is Crammed With Heaven check it out!!! Share this:StumbleUponDiggRedditLike this:LikeBe the first to like […]

7. Michael Snow says:

Advent is a special time to remember that earth is crammed with heaven. We should anticipate both enjoying and sharing it.