My Finish Line

This is an exciting week. I’ll be in Atlanta, Dallas and Knoxville in the next 48 hours. It’s a finish line of sorts as I’m wrapping up what has been a crazy four months of travel. I’ve learned in ministry there are very few finish lines. The works is never done. There’s always more people to meet with…more meetings to attend…more messages to be written…more conferences to speak at.

That’s why a couple years ago I started making up my own finish lines. I break my schedule up into chunks so I can always see the light at the end of the tunnel.

After this week I switch gears and my extra time will be focused on finishing up my next book which is due in June (another finish line I’m looking forward to). Wow! I’ve got a lot of work ahead. Time for serious writing mode.

So if you’re around any of the following places over the next two days I would love to catch up with you!!

I’ll be speaking at the Whiteboard Sessions in Atlanta Wednesday morning. Looking forward to being with some good friends like this guy and can’t wait to hear Jenni Speak.

Wednesday afternoon I’ll be speaking in Dallas at the Catalyst Conference. It’s their first time in Dallas and I can’t wait to see how God’s going to move through our time there.

Thursday afternoon I’ll be in Knoxville at Faith Promise for the LIT conference. So proud of Pastor Chris and his entire team for putting together such an amazing conference.

*I’m also praying for my wife, Brandi. This is a huge week for her and the entire Leading and Loving It team as they put their first retreat together for pastors’ wives. They sold out their first year!! Today some 150 women converge in Nashville for a couple days of encouragement, laughter,  and an all around good time.

10 Responses to “My Finish Line”

1. Nonnie says:

Will be praying for you and Brandi this week – God is doing incredible things through your ministries! So proud of both of you!

2. Kevin Cook says:

Praying for ya bro! So honored to serve under your leadership! Enjoy the journey of the next few days. God is going to use you to bless and encourage hundreds of others. Love ya bro!
    Kray

• lindy abbott says:

I have a friend who is a pastor’s wife that I would love to invite her to next years retreat. She lives in AZ and is so exhausted emotionally. This is a very important ministry that your wife is doing. I will pray for her.

Also, my husband has told me that traveling is exhausting… this is something I don’t think many people consider when someone has a lot of traveling to do with their job. It sounds glamorous at first: big cities, eating out, hotels, meeting new people… but if you are not refreshed, you can loose your God-ability.

I love the idea of breaking your schedule/life into blocks of time/season of events that can be completed so that you can feel a sense of completion instead of constant running to the next.

I think this idea could be very practical in everyone’s everyday life. It is a great motivator! thank you!

3. Whew! That is quite a travel miles week!! Will be praying for you and Jenni and Brandi! Totally exciting that she is having this gathering for pastor’s wives!! Woo hoo for her!!! Such a blessing you all are to us!! Blessed to be part of CP!! Praying for rest for you guys!!

• Edward Paz says:

Great post Pete!

As an ambitious Youth Ministry Director is Northern California and as an aspiring church-planter, this is an encouraging word.

Instead of constantly having my mind on the “final” finish line, I am encouraged to, like you recommend, start making my own finish lines!

May God’s blessing and anointing be on each of your speaking engagements this week!

4. Marni Arnold says:

Pete, I am so excited you’re finishing up your second book! I guess I better order at least Plan B before it comes out…I will add it to my fall reading list (summer is packed!). :) I will pray for you as you approach this finish line and finish strong!

5. judy says:

Way to go Brandi and team!! Can’t wait to hear how it went…..iron sharpening iron….pray that there will be some great friendships that come out of this event and you will be built up in your faith.
    I get dizzy just reading about what you are doing Pete, so I won’t comment on that, but please finish that book….sooon.

6. Amen Pete, I googled “Finish Line” and came up to your site! May the Lord use you to bring truth in others lives!