You Are So “Weird”

Congratulations we have our winners!!  (:

My friend, Craig Groeschel, has a new book that was just released last week entitled WEIRD: Because Normal Isn’t Working.

In this book he shares his Christ-centered philosophy on everything from money to scheduling to purity that will help you break out of the normal rut and live according to the rhythms of God’s grace and the truth of his word.

I know many of you read his last book, The Christian Atheist, and I’m sure you’ll find this one equally as challenging.

And who knows, today might be your lucky day. I’m giving away five FREE copies. All you have to do is leave me a comment answering the below question and I’ll pick 5 random winners.

What is the weirdest thing you’ve done …said …thought …ate… owned… worn… driven… (okay I think you get the point)?

141 Responses to “You Are So “Weird””

1. Heidi H. says:

I don’t know, we’re fairly vanilla around here. Maybe we need some “weird” in our lives. Actually I think my husband is quite weird; maybe I’m trying to balance him out! :) Happy Monday!

2. gina says:

I’ve eaten lots of weird things but I’m going to go with anchovies sauteed in olive oil served with steam veggies, rice and vodka sauce. Needless to say my kids weren’t interested in trying it!

3. Aaron says:

True story: I’m leading worship, and in a moment of worshipful exuberance, I utter these words: “Father, we worship you for everything you do for us; for your creation, for your grace, for the SUNSHINE ON OUR SHOULDERS…”
    Evidently I was channeling my inner John Denver, I dunno…

4. Keith Pennel says:

I ate dry cat food as a dare once. It was only a few pieces but I can tell you it wasn’t good.

5. adam says:

one day, my wife and i were travelling cross town. she was driving and i decided at every stop light i was going to do a one man chinese fire drill back to my seat. it made for an entertaining day..and norfolk/va beach has alot more stoplights than i bargained for.

6. Jason Gordon says:

Fixing a waterline leak with a herd of cows standing and watching…that was weird.

7. KC says:

In the winter, I wear a toboggan to bed every night. My wife makes fun of me. I don’t know why.

8. Kimberly says:

Most of my ‘weirdness’ I’m too ashamed to admit. I’ll go with the time I entered a log rolling contest at a mall. Fell off within seconds, fully clothed and soaked to the bone…it was November in Minnesota. I think they gave me a hat.

9. Helen says:

PirateFestival! Yes, we wore costumes…

10. Heather B says:

I’m all about the weird! Live life to the fullest, laugh, be goofy, and have fun! Weirdest thing? hmmmm so many… How about singing karoke dressed as Wilma from the Flintstones along with my sidekick Betty, someone else dressed as a hippy, another dressed as a zombie and someone dressed as John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever. And, no, we weren’t at a costume party. We had been, but had left to go somewhere else. It was sort of liberating and yes, weird! lol

11. erika says:

my friends think I’m weird b/c I have to sleep with a blanket over my eyes. no light allowed!! My son thinks I’m weird that I don’t like the whoopee cushion blown in my face over and over and over… My dog thinks I’m weird that I don’t jump up to let her out at her beck and call. :)

12. Amy says:

Hm, probably the one time when I decided that since I LOVED tuna, that I would LOVE wet tuna cat food. WRONG. *shudder*

13. Jenni says:

Well, this is easy to answer if I can use my husband! He is so funny, he will eat anything that is put in front of him. Which, makes it easy on me. He has never disliked anything I have cooked! (-: THe strangest thing I can remember him eating is “monkfish liver”. Sounds pretty nasty, huh? He also had a unique first set of wheels. He drove a 2-toned brown El Camino. It said “Con Quista” on the tail gate, which I am told means…..”The Conqueror”. You have to laugh at that!

14. Andrew Acker says:

The weirdest thing I have ever eaten would have to grilled pig ear. I mean, the flavor was okay, but a little tough to chew, and seeing the little peach fuzz hair on the ears did not exactly make it a savory snack…thank you eastern Europe.

15. Karoliina says:

It was the night before a really big French exam and I couldn’t remember all the vocabulary, so I was incredibly desperate. So I thought that it would be smart to study in the shower. I printed all the words I had to memorize, put them in a plastic sleeve thing, and taped it to the shower wall. I passed with flying colours :)

16. cheryl derrick says:

When I first moved to the farm (being a city girl), I was home alone one night while my husband was working night shift. The water in the bathroom turned on and thought I was being robbed. I ran to my closet and dressed in black like Rambo and grabbed the unloaded camo rifle hanging in the closet ( never even held one before or knew how to turn one on) I scouted the house like clint eastwood making my way to the bathroom and then came flying around the corner and hollered “make my day”! no one was there.

17. Niki says:

Okay I have been trying to up my weirdness lately. I would say the strangest thing I’ve worn is a jumpsuit throughout middle school. I refused to wear anything else especially jeans because they “made my legs cold” hah strange child

18. JamesBrett says:

the weirdest thing i’ve…

eaten: congealed pig’s blood with a side of cold donkey meat.

experienced: being stripped, tarred, and feathered the night before my wedding, and left in a public park over by hillsboro. the “tar” was several gallons of maple syrup.

rapped in front of 1000 chinese people: little drummer boy (the christmas song)

19. The only weird thing that I have done recently is abandon 95% of all television watching.

20. John Wallace says:

The weirdest this I’ve done was jump into a bog in michigan a couple years ago (for biology class)
    It was crazy cause it looked like a big piece of damp soil and yet when we jumped in, it was so deep we couldnt touch the bottom…needless to say, it was really muddy and gross but a unique experience none the less.

21. Larry Baxter says:

One of the weirdest things I’ve done is to challenge a waiter in a restaurant in South India that he couldn’t possibly bring me a dish too hot to handle. Lol, was I wrong :)

22. Cindy says:

I’ll go with my husband’s ‘weirdest ever’. I married a wonderful Asian man who can eat pretty much anything, and this is why. His father liked to experiment with their food. All the time. With a detached scientific kind of curiousity – nothing culinary involved here! Imagine the surprise at sitting down @ breakfast, looking down @ your oatmeal, and having it look back at you. Yep, his dad had added these really tiny dried (whole) fish, complete with heads & eyeballs. When added to something liquid, it got almost lifelike again. There were hundreds of ‘em in there. It was just nasty – to look at, and to eat!! And of course, ‘waste not’ was the theme there. They HAD to finish it all. I dry heave just thinking about it. No wonder he fell in love with me after a meal of manicotti! ;)

23. abinkley says:

When in high school, my buddies would send me to talk to girls they fancied, to get them an introduction, because I have no problem talking to anyone about anything. So to prove how easy it was, I got into the habit of walking up and saying, “Pardon me, but do you use Softscrub Basin Tub and Tile cleaner?” Said young lady would look at me like I had three heads and I would finish with, “Sorry, I find if I make an idiot of myself within the first 15 seconds of a friendship, there are no real expectations to meet later.”

24. Cindy says:

I get a lot of “you are so weird” comments. I’m OK with that. Um, weirdest stuff I’ve eaten…rattlesnake or ostrich.

Every vehicle I’ve ever owned had it own set of strange quirks, probably because I buy very inexpensive ones. I owned a Geo Metro for six years that had only one fully functional door handle. The drivers one opened from the outside or inside but the rest did not. I regularly pushed the boundries of how many people should ride in it at one time and had more than one comparison to the clown car in a circus. It was faded, rusted and you had to turn off the air conditioner to make it up hills but man, it got 40 mgg.
    I once dreamed that I was peeing Lucky Charms and my best friend tells me that takes the prize of weird dreams.

25. Emily says:

My husband thinks I’m weird because I still sleep with my 27 year old Care Bear! :)

26. My dreams are definitely quite entertaining and on the weird side. I once dreamed Elton John and I had a pillow fight to see who would earn the honor of being Mayor of Cereal Town. I won. I boarded a steam locomotive being conducted by Willy Nelson that took us through the old west. As we entered Cereal Town, all the shops lined up were brands of cereal. And the Corn Flakes rooster was outside his shop in an apron sweeping the porch. :)

27. Rob Rash says:

Love Craig Groeschel… Let’s see, I shave my head into a mohawk for high school camp, ate a chicken in Mexico that was running around just 30 minutes prior to dinner, and pretended to be an accapella boys group in Branson with some college buddies. We called ourselves ‘the Quad City Swingers.’

Fun times.

28. Norm Brock says:

Weird for Christ would be traveling to Africa on mission. Ate some really weird things there fu fu and tesin soup. Weird thing is that I love Africa have been 3 times now and going back this fall. Think of it as my second home.

It would be really weird if I received a free book!
    Thanks for your blog, love reading it
    Norm

29. dan says:

Okay, this may be a little much, but I think you’ll enjoy it.

In the summer of the 2000 I went to the Amazon rain forest (the Peruvian side). My groups guide for the just-over-a-week that we were there was a guy who was in his early 30’s but had grown up in the forest. So, needless to say he knew all sorts of tricks & crazy stuff about the forest & all the crazy stuff you could eat. One day we had been fishing in a tributary to the Amazon river & we caught a bunch of piranha. For dinner that night Octavio (our guide) grilled them for & they were unbelievable…probably the best fish I’ve ever had.

Now, I know that “fish” isn’t really all that weird. The weird part is that the piranha EYE is considered a delicacy in Peru, or at least that’s what Octavio told us. So, in keeping with custom a couple other guys in my group & I ate the eyes of the piranha that we had caught. I’m still not sure if it was joke or not, but the eyes were in fact very tasty.

30. Kathleen says:

I suffer from frequent migraines. Once while reading up on migraines and relief remedies, I saw an article claiming the smell of lime helps some people. The article said to rub fresh lime juice on your forward and breathe deeply for the next 5 minutes. Needless to say, all I ended up with was a sticky forhead and no relief for the migraine, LOL!

31. katdish says:

The weirdest thing I’ve ever done? Hmmm….that’s a pretty long list to choose from.

I drank Wild Turkey out of a rubber chicken, drove backwards thru a McDonald’s drive-thru…think I’ll stop there.

I love Jesus, but I used to drink a little (or a lot).

32. CFloyd says:

I paid for a man’s sin. I was pumping gas when I watched a middle-aged black man walk out of the store with a case of beer and drive off. He wasn’t running or speeding. When I went it to pay, the clerk was panicing as she conveyed through the phone her dilema: that man had walked out and stolen that case of beer. I felt, in my young walk with the Lord, Him telling me to pay for that beer. I paid for my gas and then said I would pay for the beer. The clerk was flabergasted. She knew this would save her from her manager, but she didn’t like it when I told her she couldn’t call the police now – because the beer was paid for. “You can’t charge him for something that’s no longer stolen.” I reasoned with her. She didn’t like it but she complied. I left the store shaking because my family didn’t have $45 to spend. Then I remembered with GREAT joy – my dad had just sent me a check for $50 for my birthday. I was overjoyed to spend that money and prayed for that man’s salvation. To this day I am still astonished at the impulsive obedience I gave that day. But oh the picture of salvation and what Jesus did for us that I have come to understand better since.

33. Amy J says:

My friends tell me that we are wierd because we (my husband, myself and our 2 kids) went for over 45 days without watching tv. Was a great family times and memoires for us!

Love Craig Groeschel’s messages… and would love to read this book!

34. Once I was fishing for catfish with 8in shiners we were pulling out with bread. We would normally cut them on half to use them for “cutbait”. This particular day I forgot my knife… All I had were my teeth. Yes I bit one in half and I’m pretty sure it paid off that day with a nice 20in bluecat!

35. Jed Mullenix says:

In a recent sermon…I was explaining how we often compare our holiness to those around us rather than to the holiness of Christ. As an example…I said, we consider ourselves good when comparing ourselves to our punk neighbor, ‘Dick.’ Obviously…it would have been good to identify a different name prior to using the example. The place erupted in laughter…not an illustration that I’d try at home. Definitely a weird moment on stage.

36. Angie says:

Weird…like, not dating (post high school) until I KNEW I would marry the guy and KNEW I was ready to, like, immediately. Took 2.5 yrs to get to that point, and only 2 weeks of dating to get engaged (and 4 more months to the wedding). I thought God was weird for directing us like that…now I think He’s genius!

37. Beth says:

The weirdest thing I’ve eaten is a peanut butter and tomato sandwich. The weird part is that it was good.

38. Tabitha says:

Weirdest thing I’ve ever done…said…thought…ate…owned…worn…driven?
    Hmmmm…
    Well I had both children C-Section but one I was not knocked out for! I think that’s weird and the entire time I said,”No one should be awake for this, no one should be awake for something like this!” That is weird to me! I have boys that’s weird, but I love it!!!! That too may be weird. I love teaching youth at my church, I don’t think that’s weird but some people do. I hate shopping so I wear the same clothing while all the other women I know have something new at least once a month if not more. Some think that’s weird, but I think my husband is glad I’m his wife, and not the lady that is a shopaholic. When I was a kid I ate a pickled pigs foot to gross my sisters out…it worked, and I can’t believe I did that.

39. Kristi Schutter says:

This fits under weird things I’ve done and worn, we took our young adults to a participate in a gay pride march as an outreach event. We felt it was crucial in breaking the know stereotypes in this area. We are located in Topeka, KS home of Fred Phelps and heart of the bible belt. We handed out free bottled watered to march participants and protesters and we all wore solid black shirts with random pieces of red duct tape on our clothes, when asked we all replied the tape represents the blood of Jesus that was shed for all of us. We were very nonthreatning and well received and accepted by everyone and plan to attend again this May. <

40. My wife [25] and I [30] adopted a 12 year old from haiti 2 years into our marriage. Lots of people thought we were crazy… or weird especially since we didn’t meet any of the 3 major requirements of adopting from haiti the biggest being you must be married 10 years.

But what can I say, nothing is impossible for our God.

My wife is white and I’m black. Our daughter is a 12 year old from haiti. Yes, i’d say we look slightly weird when we walk into any restaurant. :)

41. My undergraduates degree was in math. This was very difficult, lot’s of homework. I would work late at night and often get stumped so I would go to bed. Several times while drifting off to sleep solutions to the problems I was working would come to me so I would wake up and complete them. I tell people this was the math speaking to me.

42. Maria says:

I’m sure a lot of people would say most of my life is weird, though it is all normal to me. :) I’ll go with this one– the cleaning products in our home consist of baking soda, vinegar, and essential oils.

43. Weirdest thing I’ve ever worn? A paper dress from the Campbell’s soup company. Mid 1960′s. Going for the “simple” life.

44. The weirdest thing I have owned is a mini claw machine (you know the machines in Walmart your kids always want to play?) It was to small for stuffed animals, but I had candy in it.

45. Greg says:

The weirdist thing I ever ate was a “chicken-stuffed” water bug; included legs, head and antennae!

Would love to devour this book, too.

Greg Frohna

46. Just one? :) East Texas Fair, jumped in a giant pool of Jello. They were giving away a car, and the key (along with a bazillion others) resided at the bottom of the heap of Jello. Think above ground pool, filled to the rim with Jello. Five minutes to dive, bring up a key to see if it fit, dive again, etc. I wasn’t even old enough to drive yet. Maybe my parents made me do it!

47. Adam W says:

My weird thing is that I wear a kilt somewhat regularly. I got really into my Scottish ancestry while my wife and I were honeymooning in Scotland and decided that I would own one and wear it. Once I got one, I found them to be rather comfortable! :) Hey, don’t look at me like that… Jesus didn’t wear jeans either, ok?? :)

48. judy says:

The weirdest thing is what I think sometimes, for instance, I have a twin brother and have been asked more times than I can remember if we are identical ( come up with so many responses) not all have been good.I think my family is a bit like the ” Big Fat Greek wedding” in some ways I have felt weird most of my life…..but I do like humour, so it’s not all bad. I drove a TAN Pinto with tan interior as my first vehicle, loved that car!

49. bluegoose says:

I’m just plain weird right now….having chosen to be a housewife when my children no longer need me at home. Come to find out, my husband does! We live in the Dallas area and while there are quite a few young Moms that stay home, the ladies my age are usually helping to raise grandchildren if they stay home! This is not what I saw for my life, but feel very deeply this is exactly where God has led us.

50. Amanda says:

The weirdest thing I ever ate was congealed pig’s blood in Taiwan. I ate a bunch of stuff and they would tell me after I took a bite what it was. I also tried the stinky tofu which has a smell similar to rotten meat and feet.

51. Peter says:

Probably the weirdest thing I’ve ever worn is overalls to class in college. I had a wool sweater on underneath of it with a flannel shirt. I honestly thought that it was a cool style.

52. Deanna says:

The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten was pickled herring – I know some people like it, but it was nasty. (My Dad has eaten Guinea Pig).
    The weirdest thing I’ve ever worn is probably these red swimsuits my mom made when we were younger.

53. Tapper says:

There is NO WAY I’m ever telling you my wierdest thoughts. You’d be calling my pastor & Law Enforcement.

54. Jozeca says:

The weirdest thing I’ve eaten is capybara… followed closely by “anticuchos” – roasted cow heart on a kabob. Peruvian food is actually generally quite delicious! :-)

55. Kim says:

There’s no way I could answer with just ONE weird thing I’ve said/thought/worn, etc! If I asked my friends this about me, they would laugh at the thought of thinking of just one answer. :)

56. Brandon says:

No matter what the actual temperature is, inside or out, I always always always wake up freezing cold in the morning. When I lived at home, my parents would always be gone for work by the time I woke up, so I got in the habit of sprinting to the kitchen first thing when I woke up, pouring my cereal, and running to the bathroom. I would turn the shower on super hot, and then sit on the floor in the bathroom to eat my cereal, basking in my impromptu sauna. I did that for so long, that it became an ingrained part of my morning routine, and I still do it living on my own. So when people come over, they inevitably inquire about the stack of cereal bowls and spoons in the bathroom sink, and I just have to tell them I have some strange habits.

57. PT Lee says:

.glob s’nosliW eteP no tnemmoc sdrawkcab a tfel ecno I

58. Patrick Diemer says:

I ate a bacon/cheddar cheese flavored cricket at church. It was worse than words can describe.

59. Nigel says:

The weirdest thing I’ve done? Probably dressed up as an elderly woman for scouts.

It was our town’s bicentennial parade, and since my troop was going to be in it, we decided that we’d play on the stereotype of boy scouts helping elderly women cross the street. I happened to be ‘lucky’ enough to be said woman.

But then again, there was that one time I impersonated Annie Lennox circa early 1980s….

60. Alyssa says:

Hmm, weird things?

I’ve eaten dog while in Indonesia. However, I think Rocky Mountain Oysters is probably the weirdest. It’s one thing to order them in a restaurant (I guess) but I was on a ranch in Australia and watched the bull become a steer and then the rancher grilled them for us right then and there!

61. robin says:

Weirdest thing was help my roommate paint her bathroom in Star Wars theme.

62. Cory Wesr says:

I once said I struggle with adultery from the pulpit, rather than idolatry. That’s weird, right?

63. Michael says:

When I was a children’s pastor. The kids made me a sandwich that had peanut butter, ketchup, cumin, and syrup. It was disgusting.

64. kevin says:

As a camp counselor, I once wore a dress and women’s shirt (probably from the 1940s), while doing an interpretive dance to Avalon’s ‘Testify to Love’. Unfortunately, it’s on video.

65. Susan Mukai says:

After reading some of the responses, this may not be that weird. When we were in China to adopt our daughter, we went to a restaurant that had all these live tanks in front. Besides the usual seafood, there were foot long worms, snakes, black larvae, various water bugs, etc. Wish I could post a photo. We did try the deep fried silk worms. It wasn’t bad when they first came out but after they sat, they tasted like greasy worms. We also had snake with that meal. Our friend from Beijing came down to see us and did the ordering. :/

• Susan Mukai says:

I was talking with my cousin and she told me that grandma’s remedy for nose bleeds was to stick a green onion in the nostril…weird and I seriously don’t think it works.

66. Dionna says:

The weirdest thing? Oh man….I don’t know! Okay – how about having two girls who don’t like mashed potatoes? To me, that’s weird. :)

67. Jason says:

I once wore a wedding dress and a long red wig. It’s better if you don’t ask why.

68. Glen says:

Had an appetizer sampler that consisted of fried alligator, sauteed rattlesnake and rocky mountain oysters. And they were all really tasty!

69. Sara says:

Okay I’m opting for the weirdest thought, as frankly, I scare myself sometimes in my own little world that is Me-Land. I often put theme music to individuals I see walking down the street. This happens often as my boss’s office has a huge window that I can see out when talking with her. The themes are pretty consistent with style of walking, as with the personality of the person.

70. Debbie says:

O.K. I’m pretty sure I won’t win a copy of this book because I really cannot answer the question. You see, there are just too many “weirdests” in my life. Sigh. I’ll just have to run out and buy the book I guess. After all, everyone needs encouragement and by the sounds of the title, it seems this book just might be the ticket for me :0)

71. Melissa says:

This isn’t necessarily a weird thing I’ve done, but, in 6th grade, my best friend and I came up with our definition of weird. My friend was incredibly smart, so I barely understood half of the words I was using whenever we went off on a rant whenever somebody referred to something as weird. I still remember part of it to this day:
    “There is no such thing as weird. Weird is just one person’s botched opinion derived from their own selfish perceptions of normal…”
    Then it went on about how people are insecure and uncomfortable when it comes to things that aren’t like them (of course included unnecessary big words). Now that I think about it, we were pretty “weird.” Funny how we thought we knew it all:)

72. Amanda Frank says:

Well, I wore my white LA Gear jean jacket and jeans, with matching shoes that I owned in junior high to my daughters school play about music through the decades in 2010. You know 20 years after I wore them the first time. Not sure what part people thought was the most weird, that I still owned them, that I could fit into them, or that I actually had the guts to wear them in public. There you go..

73. Carrie says:

I used to repurpose socks as hair ties and yes, wear them in public.

I frequently eat free out of the fridge at work as everyone gives me their expired yogurt. Even a few months expired, it’s all good.

74. Laurie says:

The weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten was boiled Caribou tonge at the home of an eskimo family in Tuktoyuktuk ( 5 miles from the north pole) It would have insulted them not to try it.

75. Julia Havey says:

Weirdest thing I have ever done? Might be easier to answer what’s the most normal thing I have ever done! Blow up man/doll dressed as a cowboy, name tag William Hill (get it? Hill, Billy!) covered in one/five dollar bills to buy drinks for my daughter’s 21st Bday night on Broadway? NOT many moms do that!

76. Cynthia L. says:

Weirdest thing I’ve done would have to be riding a huge pig and a goat on the same day (helmet and all)…field trips in the Dominican Republic were the best :)

77. Mary Catherine says:

Weird…you want to know weird? I love the smell of my childrens feet and sweaty socks!!! I kiss them too! I know, they call me weird! :0)

78. Micah Hasty says:

When I was in 5th grade I ate ants off the wall in my science class. They were spicy.

• Shawna says:

Going against the “norm” and obeying God in a Stand that He has asked me to make. It has cost me a lot but I shudder to think at the cost if I did not Stand…………….

79. Ed Herring says:

I’m gonna go with “weirdest thing I’ve worn.” Probably my green, spotted madrigal outfit from college, complete with gray tights & Shakespearean feathered hat.

80. Jennifer says:

I’m allergic to all poultry.

I get a lot of, “then what do you eat??” Um, not chicken or turkey.

81. Diane Tweet says:

I have eaten some strange things but I think the oddest is pickled pigs feet (my dad loved them) and lutefisk (dried cod soaked in lye – yes I’m part Norwegian). Oddly enough, I like them both! :-)

82. Amy says:

ya’ know…after reading these comments, i’m feeling pretty normal. :) actually i have some pretty weird habits/ocd tendencies: can’t use a pen that doesn’t have a lid, eat my skittles in rainbow order, count steps when climbing stairs. see, perfectly normal!

83. Once, when I was in college, my girlfriend and I went to a bar and pretended we were from France. My name was Isabelle and hers was Julienne. I drank single-malt scotch and she drank white wine. It was fun!

84. Eric says:

I wore an Elmo costume to the home basketball games in college as my trademark. I bought it at Goodwill for about $3.50. The weird thing about it is that it was a CHILDREN’S costume! I still own the Elmo face headpiece to this day and is displayed proudly in my office.

85. Kathi Waddle says:

I lived in Seoul, Korea for a short time back in 1998 so I think I pretty much cornered the market on eating weird things. Many times I pointed at a picture on the menu or just pointed at something that was written entirely in Korean pretending I knew what I was ordering and then order it lol Thank you Jesus that He was looking out for me because I survived :) But I guess the weirdest thing I ate was raw fish and not not raw fish as in sushi raw fish, but raw fish as in I saw my dinner alive before they took it out and proceeded to kill it, cut it up, put it on cute plates and then serve it up with a nice dipping sauce on the side. Then there were the fish flavored chips and the fish jerky and the drink in the can that said it was grass jelly (I have no idea what it actually was lol, but it was good).

And a few other weird things – weirdest cat is my black kitty Ella (she likes to jump on people’s backs – I keep threatening to ship her off to Allan lol),

weirdest thing I’ve ever done – fake having a bad knee as part of my pledge class plan to kidnap the chapter mascot (I hobbled around on crutches for 3 days, got excised from band, had people carrying my tray in the dining hall and people carrying my cymbals to band) I am a great actress – would love to start up the Cross Point drama team :)

86. Anna Burgess says:

I ate GIRAFFE POOP while on a mission trip in South Africa!! I was told it was “tribal medicine” used as “Tylenol!”. Oh well, good thing they are herbivores :) haha, WEIRD!!!

87. austin coleman says:

I super glued a desk to the floor my eighth grade year. I was weird.

88. Linda says:

Let’s see…
    The weirdest thing I have ever eaten is a beef jerky treat for dogs. It actually wasn’t too bad.

89. Joe Linck says:

The weirdest thing i ate was fried worms with a side of chocolate grasshopper.

90. Mark Tanner says:

I ate a happy shake. It is the entire contents of a happy meal (minus the toy) put into a blender with a milk shake. It was… interesting.

91. nicole says:

Just last night I was helping my parents clean out some closets and found a Polaroid of the stringiest thing I’ve ever worn. I was probably 10 and I had on PJs, my dad’s black sport coat, a plastic top hat, a pair of oversized 80s sunglasses, and was caring around a magnifying glass. Written on the bottom of the photo was “Detective Nicole”

92. Tim Viola says:

I once led a game at a middle school youth camp where kids would have either ketchup, mustard, chocolate syrup, or grape jelly squirted into their mouth. They then had to run to a plastic pitcher and spit the contents of their mouth into it. Well after about 5 minutes of that we found the winner and poured all the contents of the pitchers into one. It was a lovely cocktail of ketchup, mustard, grape jelly, chocolate syrup, and middle school student spit. One of the high school students who was helping out dared me to take a swig of the pitcher. Well me and my pride couldn’t back down from a challenge so down the hatch went two big gulps. Needless to say, I didn’t feel to great for the rest of the day, lol.

93. Joanne Viola says:

The weirdest thing I ever ate was in China – camel’s tongue. All I can say is…..GROSS!!!!!

94. Jen C says:

One of the weirdest things I’ve ever done is plan my high school graduation party and my wedding in the same year. Graduated in May, married in July 1 week to the day after I turned 18.

(Still married to the guy as weird, or weirder than me almost 11 years later.) ;)

95. rio says:

The weirdest thing I’ve done was when I was six years old i Shove the other half of my eyebrow I don’t know why.. Weirdest thing I said..’Why am I so young?’ hehe I say that whenever my crush just passed by..okay, that’s not weird at all?hehe weirdest thought..’Why does breastfeeding,menstruation,and pregnancy be a woman’s responsibilty?why can’t the man do the brestfeeding?’Seriously.. Weirdest I ate..rice and ice cream?weirdest I owned..my mini-library of used books and notebooks.. Weirdest I worned,I put a piece of cloth on my hair and use my dad’s stuff.. Weirdest driven. None :)

96. Susie says:

While visiting my boss’ new church for the first time, I sat in a row at the back of the church. A girl a couple of rows ahead of me stood to sing a solo and the rest of the church turned around to see her. Weird, but whatever. I caught my boss’ eye and waved. She had a look of confusion on her face. Still weird but OK. The pastor said “let us pray”. As I looked down I noticed the people all around me were getting out sheet music. I had just enough time to slither out before he said “amen” and the choir all stood up to sing. Who puts a choir loft in the back of the church anyway?

97. Joe Sewell says:

Tough question. “Weird” for me is everybody else’s “normal.” I’m reminded of Mike Warnke’s bit on weirdness being a relative concept: if normal stuff happens where weird stuff is supposed to happen, that’s weird.

Probably the weirdest thing to an unbeliever that I’ve said was, “Jesus is real, and He loves you.”

98. rio says:

Weirdest thing done nine years old.Shove my other eyebrow.weirdest thing I Said..’Why am I so young?’ Weirdest thought ‘why is menstruation, pregnancy and breastfeeding a woman’s responsibility, why can’t the man do the breastfeeding..?(Seriously)’,weirdest thing I ate.. Rice with ice cream, weirdest thing I worn a piece of cloth on my head and my dad’s stuff, driven.. None :)

99. The weirdest thing I have done is dye my hair red (I was actually going for blond)in my first year of Bible School. It was very random and very out of the ordinary for me. :)

100. Grant Parish says:

I don’t have any debt – not even a mortgage – that is pretty weird in today’s buy-now-even-if-you-don’t-have-the-money culture.

101. Jenn says:

Weirdest thing I’ve eaten is chocolate covered grasshoppers, and even weirder, I don’t think I minded it…

102. Sharon says:

Weirdest thing I’ve ever done: Drive down a staircase.

103. Weirdest thing i’ve eaten/drank is anchovies, expired bbq sauce, expired starbucks mocha syrup, baby food, beets, and hot sauce all blended together. Yes….I am a youth pastor :-)

104. Erin says:

The weirdest thing I have done is to fish out a stranger’s AARP card from the toilet at Target with my hand. Thankfully the toilet had “clean” water in it but I did scrub my hands several times after that. As a physical therapist I have a soft spot for the elderly and and I couldn’t bare to see her try and do it.

105. Jason Bunch says:

The weirdest thing I’ve ever driven was actually my first car. It was a 1985 Chevy Cavalier station wagon. The roof leaked. The radio sucked and I bought a new one that was worth just as much as the car. It needed new motor mounts and it shook so much at stop lights that if I didn’t put it in neutral, it would shake the car and turn off. Also, it leaked radiator fluid and it broke down on many first dates. And finally the color was once yellow but faded so much that it looked like faded urine.

Very weird that I kept it so long.

106. Celena says:

The weirdest thing I have ever done is slid down a stair case on a metal chair at the fellowship hall. The ride down was bumpy but the landing took the prize! What can I say I got tired of carrying them down ahahaha.
    As for weirdest thing I have eaten well I am from south Louisiana, so pick something, alligator, coon, nutra rat, turtle and I ate Iguana in El Salvador, which was pretty good.

107. Kelly says:

Weirdest thing ive ever eaten: a guinea pig

108. Matt Beard says:

Weirdest thing I ever ate – Ostrich Jerky, pretty good.

Weirdest thing I ever drove – One time I flipped a Chevrolet truck and it landed right on top of the cab. My dad and brother cut the top of the cab off of the truck. They then also cut the top of the cab off of the truck my uncle had that was like it and welded it to the truck I flipped. You could hardly tell. My dad was awesome :)

109. weirdest thing I’ve eaten…baby food after seeing another adult eat it as a low calorie, organic option. Yuck!

110. Betsy says:

I can’t say I did this on purpose (who would?!?) but the weirdest thing that’s ever happened to me is that my shirt was ripped off by an escalator. Honestly.

111. Marlen says:

Weirdest thing I’ve said…stop using your blankie as a weapon!

112. Weirdest thing… Wow, such a wide range to choose from Pete.

I think since having children, my scope on such things has been widened significantly. For example, I never expected to hear myself saying “Aidan, please don’t bite the dog…”

I’m thinking my children may be the theme of a “Plan C” book… ;-)

Have a Blessed Day!

113. michael herring says:

I’m just weird in general.

114. Becca says:

The weirdest thing that I have done: When I was a kid, I staple my finger just to see if it would go through.. and yes.. it went straight through my index finger. Not my finest moment!

115. Brooke says:

I had a supersnazzy outfit of pastel men’s golf pants and a lime green superman kids shirt, and I loved those clothes…

116. Casey says:

My wife and I were in D.C.’s Chinatown this past summer trying to decide on a place to eat. We saw some Food Network signs and banners on the street next to a film crew packing up, so we instantly decided to go check it out. Turns out, they were filming for a strangest foods type show. The focus at this particular Chinese restaurant was on a specialty dish they sell that consists of chicken eggs that are “over 100 years old” and shipped in straight from China. It sounded disgusting, but I decided I HAD to try it, just for bragging rights. Unfortunately, they were all out due to the show.

However, this weekend, a big group of us cooked out burgers and brots. Someone decided to bring Krispy Kreme donuts, so naturally I decided I wanted to try a cheeseburger between two donuts (it’s something I’ve heard some place sells). It was absolutely delicious. True gluttony at its finest.

117. karenth says:

The strangest thing I have eaten is an ostrich burger from Fuddruckers – quite tasty!

118. Arizona says:

Weirdest thing I have collected… I actually have the stump from my own umbilical cord. My mother kept it all these years in a little box with my baby teeth that she gave me when I had children of my own. And I’m ashamed to say… I have added my three children’s stumps to the box as well. I keep it with my keepsakes in my jewelry box!

119. Bethany says:

I ate a guinea pig and a whole scorpion doing missions in Ecuador!

120. Paula L says:

Not weird to me, but…..bologna and graham cracker sandwich. (even ate post age 40 – me not the sandwich!)

121. Steve Martin says:

I have too many to list.

One of the top ones was picking up after an elephant and slipping in it in front of hundreds of laughing people.

Oh Sh…..

122. Robin says:

I accidentally ate frog’s legs at a patio party. There was a language barier and the German speaking hostess described it as “chicken.” Possibly the phrase “tastes like” was somehow lost in the translation.