Day 1 of Nashville Flood Relief

I’ve never been more proud of Cross Point then I was today. I couldn’t believe the number of volunteers who showed up throughout the day at our Cross Point Bellevue Campus (which is now our flood headquarters) to help serve our community.

The flooding is widespread and worse than I could have ever imagined. Their calling this the 500 year flood.  It’s hard to imagine the amount of work we have ahead of us but I’m so excited to get back at it tomorrow. This is church!!! Also so proud of the number of churches around the country who are either sending people or money! I love it when the body of Christ acts like the body of Christ.

If you’re in Nashville you can meet us at 9:00 am at the Bellevue Campus at 7669 Hwy. 70 South, Nash,TN 37221 and we’ll start reassigning projects. If you can’t make it at 9:00 then just come on out whenever you can. WE NEED YOU! If you can take a day off, take a day off. If you want to bring something with you bring hammers, crowbars, trash bags, gloves, boxes, etc.

If you’re not in Nashville the best way you can help is through donations. The clean up efforts will be costly and as many as 90% of the people impacted in Nashville do not have flood insurance. We need your help. You can make a donation to our Flood Fund HERE!

Here’s are few photos I grabbed today and a quick video I shot on a boat tour of the remote flooding.

Thanks for all your prayers guys!!

32 Responses to “Day 1 of Nashville Flood Relief”

1. My heart is breaking and my prayers are going out to you all. Know that we are looking at ways of being able to help from down here in Dallas. Love ya guys. Keep up the good work for the Kingdom.

2. Jessica says:

I was so proud to hear Cross Point Community Church online, on tv and on the radio! Your video does something weird at 12 second mark and then goes mute, but it looks crazy. If I can get better soon I will be out to help! Praying for everyone!
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..Nashville Flood 2010 =-.

3. Amy says:

It’s hard to fathom what you guys are going through right now. Prayers are definitely with all of you.
    .-= Amy´s last blog ..Review: Plan B =-.

4. Pete – praying for you and the Cross Point family. Thanks for keeping us on the outside informed. May God use your serving to lift His name and bring people hope that never ends.

Michael
    .-= Michael Harrison´s last blog ..I am free =-.

5. I sent Terry, director of the SB disaster relief, your info, who sent it to the TN DR. Maybe something will work out.
    .-= Daniel Whitaker´s last blog ..Familiar Faces @HardRock Nashville =-.

6. My fav quote from above… “This is church!!!”

Hate the fact that so many are impacted by this tragedy but at the same time love the opportunity for THE church to respond and for others (non church) to see love in action.

7. Kenny Silva says:

I was so proud to serve with brothers and sisters from Cross Point today. You’re right. This is exactly what church is.
    .-= Kenny Silva´s last blog ..Transparency in Business =-.

8. Michelle says:

I have a lot of friends here in Austin that are asking what they can do to help. It hurts so bad being here, watching, and not able to do anything to help our friends. They are already gathering up clothes to send your way. Whatever is needed from here PLEASE let me know.

9. [...] Many of you probably have seen all the flooding and sheer devastation across the Nashville area and are just blown away. There are many ways you can help. If you’re available tomorrow you can meet the awesome crew at Crosspoint Bellevue Campus @ 9AM to get going on another day of serving the Kingdom. They will be working all day again like they did today. I am so glad I have found this church. They are simply a huge family looking out for all those around them. Simply Amazing. Check out Pete’s post from today HERE. [...]

10. Praying that things will be restored and back to normal soon. Praying your new book helps people through this, Pete.

11. Gabe Taviano says:

“This is church”. You got that right.

12. Did not make it out to Bellevue today, but was able to help out near where I live. I have to work tomorrow, but I am praying for the CP teams. I’m so proud to be part of this community. This is church, indeed.
    .-= Grant Jenkins´s last blog ..God Of This City =-.

13. Heather says:

That’s what I was going to say, Gabe.
    But you beat me to it. :)
    I also love seeing the church act like the church.

14. Like Grant said, I’m so proud to be a part of a community of believers that is being the hands and feet of Christ. I got an early start this morning at work in hopes I can come out later today.

Praying for you this morning!
    .-= Christina Ludwick´s last blog ..Nashville Flood: How you can help =-.

15. Alison says:

Sending prayers from Arkansas!
    .-= Alison´s last blog ..Book Review: "Plan B" by Pete Wilson =-.

16. dan says:

wish i could be there to help, but unfortunately i cannot. my prayers are with you all & with the rest of the state as well.
    .-= dan´s last blog ..Look at me! =-.

17. Elaine says:

I wish there was more I could do Pete. I can’t believe we just left Beech Bend 8 months ago. I’m praying constantly. I’ve touched base with all my small group except Melissa. We’re hoping to hear soon she is ok. Thanks for all you and everyone are doing.

18. Becky says:

I love seeing what you guys are doing! Praying for you all this week!
    .-= Becky´s last blog ..Mocha Club/Dave Barnes =-.

19. Peter says:

This is so sad… I will be praying!

“Get Interactive with God with our Live Online Sermons”

20. bluegoose says:

WOW!!! Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to be hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting community! I can’t even imagine the devastation, even looking at the pics!
    Prayers from Dallas are pouring over y’all!
    .-= bluegoose´s last blog ..The Storehouse of God =-.

21. [...] The flooding is widespread and worse than I could have ever imagined. Their calling this the 500 year flood. It’s hard to imagine the amount of work we have ahead of us but I’m so excited to get back at it tomorrow. This is church!!! Also so proud of the number of churches around the country who are either sending people or money! I love it when the body of Christ acts like the body of Christ. (Read the Rest of the Post HERE) [...]

22. woody says:

Pete, thanks for the efforts. My oldest, Jourdin, lives on the Cumberland downtown, and has not been able to assess the damage after leaving there Sunday night. I am trying to get to Nashville as quick as I can, but if you see her before me, hug her neck.

She sent me a text this morning: “I have a lot of help up here. Small group is an Army.”

You know, as a dad, those kind of words make my heart full. Thank you Cross Point!

23. So proud to be a part of Cross Point today…
    .-= Lindsey Nobles´s last blog ..Today is the Day =-.

24. Lauren Kelly says:

Praying for each and every one of you, Pete. And that picture of the book, WOW…. Amazing!!!

25. gitz says:

This just gives me flashbacks to our floods of 2008. There are still places that are working on clean up and what to do with condemned homes… I’m not saying that to be discouraging, I’m saying it so people know that flooding is a long process and you all will need help long after the waters recede. I hope the news starts to cover your situation more and that federal help is expedient. Know of my constant and continuing prayers… I’m so proud of all of you for the way you are constantly church in your community. You will touch so many lives as you help rebuild.
    .-= gitz´s last blog ..(in)courage: You Can’t Fix What Isn’t Broken =-.

26. Lisa Syler says:

“Plan B” came out just in time!
    .-= Lisa Syler´s last blog ..Great giveaway!!! =-.

27. Jordan says:

Pete, I’ll be at Bellevue Campus tomorrow to help.

Find out more about how to help Nashville here: http://wp.me/pq3cW-i9

Jordan

28. Hello, discovered your in the brand new directory of blogs. We dont know how your blog arrived upward, should have already been a typo, Your weblog appears good. Have a nice day.

29. Eric Pearson says:

Where was Jim Cooper our U.S. Congressman before and after the flood?

I believe many of us have become complacent with Jim Cooper our Congressman. For instance, many of us have grow accustomed to the norm of having politicians like Jim Cooper working for the lobbyist and self interest groups, but not for the best interest of We the People here at home.

As patriotic Americans we must remember it hasn’t always been this way. Before Jim Cooper, we within the 5th district of Tennessee had elected many great statesmen to represent us within the U.S. Congress.

As you may already know, I’m one of the candidates running against Jim Cooper. However this doesn’t necessarily mean you need to elect me to the U.S. Congress in order to fix this injustice. What is most important here is we need to replace Jim Cooper with someone that will live up to the words of being “our representative” in Congress.

Thank you, and God bless the Republic of the United States of America.

Eric Pearson, Democratic Party candidate for US Congress in the 5th district, Tennessee.

30. [...] A church is an asset when it becomes a leader in flood relief efforts in its community. [...]

31. [...] A church is an asset when it becomes a leader in flood relief efforts in its community. [...]