Romantic Vampires?

edward-cullen_l

Listen, I know men are weird. I know you ladies often wonder what in the world attracted you to us in the first place. You wonder…

-Why do men always have to buy the biggest and most expensive version of everything? We’re utterly consumed by the latest weed-eater, shopvac, knife, or electronic gadget.

-Why do men always think they can fix things? I’m sure women often wonder why we haven’t figured out after a hundred failed attempts this just isn’t our gift. While we can take apart everything from the TV to the garbage disposal, our expertise usually fails us when we go to put something back together. At this point we’re generally satisfied to leave it in pieces spread out all over the kitchen counter for weeks at a time.

-Why are men fascinated with video games? I believe most women are generally united in their disgust that men can throw so much of their life away playing a stupid video game until the wee hours of the morning. Somehow they don’t understand that this electronic therapy is our version of a day at the spa.

-Why do men think they’re so funny? While most women would say they desire a man with a good sense of humor that generally means something different than a guy whose own bodily noises can make him laugh so hard he almost pees in his pants.

1460168687_2443fde00f

Ladies, I know we have some complexities but nothing, and I mean nothing, compares to the crazy obsession you grown women have with vampires. I know, I know, it’s perfectly healthy and normal to be 34 and wearing a “Team Edward” t-shirt while waiting in ridiculously long lines at the theater. I mean who wouldn’t be into pasty white men who sparkle and have really sharp teeth?

Please be patient with us ignorant men as we try to figure out how in the heck lusting after these immortal stalkers who are lured in by the scent of your “sweet blood” and have to fight the desire to eat you for a snack is somehow romantic.

But don’t worry about us. While you’re at the movies this weekend we’ll be at home fixing things, playing video games until late at night, and still laughing at our own bodily noises. Go Team Edward! :)

100 Responses to “Romantic Vampires?”

1. blake porter says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Pete I thought you were going to say Date Night before I opened your blog. This will go down as a Pete Wilson classic right here!!!
    .-= blake porter´s last blog ..You Need To “Look at the FISH!” =-.

2. Brian Moon says:

HA! That is stinkin’ funny Pete! Have a great weekend, I have to go play some PS3.

3. LeAnn says:

Tell you what — if you guys will just leave us alone while we’re obsession over sparkly emo vampires, we will try our best to ignore your baffling amusement by your bodily noises. Fair enough? :)

4. Jen says:

I mentioned on twitter that I want this t-shirt.

The desire has not changed.

And I about died laughing at this review. http://bit.ly/39le2g
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Home is Heaven =-.

5. Joanna says:

I’m female and i don’t understand ether. Should i be having an identity crisis?
    .-= Joanna´s last blog ..The necessity of diversity =-.

6. Pete Wilson says:

@LeAnn, we might have a deal!!!

7. If more women were Go Team “insert-husband-name-here” then I am sure we would have some healthier marriages running around.
    With that being said, where can I get a Team Count Chocula t-shirt made?

8. Nick says:

Haha, Nice!
    .-= Nick´s last blog ..Trying to Find Air to Breathe Again =-.

9. Shelby says:

Most females are not just lusting after him because he’s a pretty sparkly vampire. While yeah, women do go after the dangerous type, and vampires, definitely have a lot of danger, but most women are lusting after him, because of his character, Edward is like the perfect caring man. He doesn’t play video games, He does have a good sense of humor, (that isn’t about his bodily functions), and He can fix anything. :P But he is also extremely kind, sweet, protective, intelligent, he’ll go to the ends of earth to please his true love and keep her safe. Not to mention he gives up his entire way of life to be a better person.

10. Lauren says:

Personally (and I AM a 20 something female) I do not like the Twilight saga at all. There’s something creepy about having a man resist eating you…. not sure why. I honestly prefer the whole Mr. Darcy thing; he might have some pride but he sure is more realistic. I think Twilight is a fad that will fade, just not soon enough.
    .-= Lauren´s last blog ..In Reflection =-.

11. rachelle says:

HAHAHA!
    this was great to read this morning. What’s funny is that I’m the only one out of my group of lady friends who doesn’t care & I actually have a date with my wii this weekend! I’m determined to open some levels on MarioKart!

12. Jay says:

I said that the ‘Twilight’ movies were chick flicks dressed up as vampire movies. I tweeted yesterday that in protest of this fake vampire movie that I was going to watch ‘The Lost Boys’ all weekend. THAT ladies, is a vampire movie.
    .-= Jay´s last blog ..Newness Of Life =-.

13. This is THE BEST of THE BEST of the WithoutWax Blog. LOVE IT!! So funny!!!!

I haven’t figured out the obsession women my age have with this character either.
    .-= Sarah Walston´s last blog ..The Blair Witch Corn MAiZE Project =-.

14. Pete Wilson says:

@Shelby, I totally forgot to talk about the unblemished character of Edward. If you can get past the fact that he’s a 104 year old man (I think he was born in the early 1900’s) lurking over a teenage girl creating the perfect co-dependent relationship it’s all good.

But I’ll give you the fact that he he makes up for it by the fact that he used to kill people and is now trying really hard not give into his desire to be a “blood-sucking” bro. But like you said….at least he doesn’t play video games. :)

15. ttm says:

I’m with Joanna and rachelle on this one…
    and I’ve been buying more garlic lately. You know, just in case…

16. Pete Wilson says:

@Lauren, I think the whole “twilight” thing is really just a chance for women to have fun together. For most I think it’s a totally harmless “escape” from reality.

Kind of like a “rambo” movie is for dudes.

17. Jennifer says:

Look you people don’t have to understand it!! Just stop hating while we enjoy our moment, and sure Pete I believe you’ll be at home fixing things……right:)!!!

18. Greg says:

hahahahaha…..definitely needed that one today!!

Saw another tweet that theaters were being invaded by millions of teenage girls in 30 something bodies. Just crazy.

Thankfully, this too will pass.
    .-= Greg´s last blog ..ThisMustChange.org – Final Weigh-In =-.

19. Robin Storch says:

Well, at least you are on the right team there at the end. =)

20. David Knapp says:

I will definitely not be going to see a movie that has a bunch of teenage girls attending!

Well not until next week when I go to see it with my wife. I don’t think she falls for the romance part. For some reason, especially me, we are weird and just like vampire movies. It is always interesting to see what Hollywood envisions immortality to be.

I think I need to go workout now or smash things. Rooooar! (that’s me trying to display my manliness)
    .-= David Knapp´s last blog ..Top 5 Sinners Found In The Bible =-.

21. Lauren Kelly says:

I have still yet to decide if I’m on Team Edward or Team Jacob.

Decisions, Decisions!!!

The Twilight Craze is amazing to me. Have you actually read any of the books, Pete? As a Pastor, what’s your take on it??
    .-= Lauren Kelly´s last blog ..Running on empty (literally). =-.

22. jessica says:

Pete…you’ve gone over the edge. You just blogged about Vampires :) Super funny. My husband doesn’t get it either.
    But I’ll say one thing for my man…he not only takes it apart, but puts it back together and it works better than when we first bought it. “Go Team Matt!!”
    .-= jessica´s last blog ..I Took a "Time Out" =-.

23. Courtney says:

for the record…i’m not a girl with a thing for vampires…

this was REALLY funny, pete!

great humor for FRIDAY!!!
    .-= Courtney´s last blog ..two =-.

24. Maureen says:

True, men are wierd, but I will agree with you on this issue…I don’t see the fasination with the whole vampire thing either. I don’t like it, or think its attractive at all!!! I mean…Go to the beach, will you and get a bit of a tan (or use some self-tanning spray if you’re afraid of the sun)!!! hehee. Pasty white isn’t my thing :)
    .-= Maureen´s last blog ..When the Saints Go Marching In… =-.

25. Greg Rutledge says:

So what you’re saying is that Twilight is about as hard to ignore as an especially horrendous flatulent?

26. Rebecca says:

hilarious!!

27. Pete Wilson says:

@Lauren Kelly, I have to be honest and say that I have not actually read any of the books. I hear they’re great and actually know a few guys who enjoy the books.

Having said that I don’t think I can really make a pastoral judgment about the content.

My initial take is that it’s harmless fun. I don’t give it anymore theological significance than I would Star Wars or Star Trek or Titanic for that matter.
    .-= Pete Wilson´s last blog ..Romantic Vampires? =-.

28. vicki says:

I think I’ll be ‘Blindsided’ this weekend instead of lusting over a vampire :)

29. Carmen says:

Pete
    I should probably publish this anonymously….

I am with you. I don’t get it. AND believe it or not, I don’t want to get it.

Tonight, while thousands of women will leave thier husbands home with the kids for thier “dates” with Edward, I’ll leave my kids at home with my sister for a date with a real, human man, my husband, that at the end of the evening, I can snuggle up with and won’t have to worry about his fangs poking me.

30. cshell says:

Not to be a downer, but for someone who has struggled with “lust” (that word has been thrown around a bunch in this thread) and it’s a major battle that i have to confess to God and my wife… I have a real hard time putting this in a category as “harmless”…just my opinion. Might be a skewed view because of my own past sins.

31. Kendra says:

Love it Pete! I see Jesus in New Moon. Yeah, that right you heard me! Someone who doesn’t want to have sex before marriage, someone who loves and is worries about their. Soul. Our youth is drawn to this. What better plot could you ask for? I’m taking 20 of our youth to see it Sunday after church and I get to hang with a mother who has never set foot in our church. I pray I don’t look or act like a “church” person. Oh yeah… They are kinda hot, just sayin

32. Michelle says:

This is great!!

I happen to like Twilight AND movies with explosions and guns. So, does that make me a well rounded person? ;-)
    .-= Michelle´s last blog ..Are You Ready For Christmas? =-.

33. Pam says:

Pete – thanks for the laughs this morning. I could also add that the male psych allows them to drool over football games and a plate of ribs. I would think the men are uniting this weekend while they watch the game (in silence) and the girls are at the movies. I especially appreciate everyones thoughts about the “good” or “bad” issue. I have been chastised for letting my daughter read the books more than once. One, I consider a child WANTING to read a blessing. Two, I agree that they are harmless fun. Without being too dramatic – it is what you teach in the home that counts. Thus – I have even forked out cash for more than one of the Team Edward T’s…and am proud of it! :)

34. nigel says:

Haha, you’re good, Pete. My sister’s pretty much obsessed with vampires, and even she couldn’t care less about the whole Twilight hoopla (not to mention the fact that she’s closer to their target age group than most of the middle-aged women who are attracted to it).

I have a feeling that this’ll wind up being one of those flash-in-the-pan things, and then fizzle out. Too bad my fart jokes won’t. And since no one else seems to have said it yet, go Team Jacob?
    .-= nigel´s last blog ..Wherein I continue to steal post ideas from people who are better than I am =-.

35. katdish says:

Ooo! You went there? Good for you! Even though there’s nothing wrong with a good shiny vampire story. Just saying…
    .-= katdish´s last blog ..The Airing of the Grievances =-.

36. Phillip says:

This was good man… posting it at my site. I have yet to wrap my mind around this “New Moon” craze.

37. Becky says:

Pete, this is a funny post.

I read 3 and 1/2 of the books … and kind of felt like I wasted my life. The first one was entertaining. The rest – eh.

I totally get why people love it, though. I’m sure I’ll watch the movie once I can get it free from the library.

38. Ladybird says:

Funny! I love the books and I am on Team Edward, but I can control my desire to see the movies. The books are so much better! It is a good love story…..strange, but good!

39. Jay says:

Pete, I don’t trust any vampire that doesn’t play video games.
    .-= Jay´s last blog ..‘Last House On The Left’ – Review =-.

40. Jan Owen says:

I have so far not yielded to the temptation to read the books. I could care less about the movies. I just don’t find vampires attractive, what can I say? Give me a man who loves College Football anyday!

But I do get a kick out of watching so many of my friends be WILD about the whole thing.

And perhaps you could do us all a favor and explain about the bodily noises thing. What IS so funny about that? I have two boys and I just don’t get it.
    .-= Jan Owen´s last blog ..How You Can Get Involved with the Give Worship Project. =-.

41. Patty Grimm says:

Great stuff, but I think you are making a rather sweeping generalization about women loving the Twilight vampires. Quite frankly, that brooding stare the one dude is always doing just freaks me out. Haven’t read the books, won’t see the movie. Now excuse me, I’m off to fix the stove.

42. mommycub says:

Oh my gosh!!! I nearly “peed my pants” laughing at this (doesn’t take much after kids)! You are SOOOOO on target.

I will now see my husband’s passion for video games in a whole new light! Loved the spa day comparison. Could also say; knitting, shopping, and reading books (like vampire teeny bopper ones);)

Not a part of the “Team Edward”, but love some women who are!

43. Wes Howard says:

The results of my scientific experiment revealed that Team Edward has MUCH more support than Team Jacob.

Most common comment? Jacob is a boy and Edward is a man.

(No, I have not read the books)
    .-= Wes Howard´s last blog ..Awkward, Awkward, Awkward #1 =-.

44. Pete Wilson says:

@Jay, me either!

@Wes, I figured you were reading the books while watching Glee. My bad. :)
    .-= Pete Wilson´s last blog ..Romantic Vampires? =-.

45. Jonnelle says:

As your first set of questions, I’ve heard answers by other men — men are wired to go get stuff. And they want the best they can get (hopefully staying on a budget). They are obessed with being the best at what they set out to – that competitive nature. Video games feed that need to conquer, unfortunately as some psychologists are now saying, creating a false sense of accomplishment. Is getting to a super whatever Mage on World of Warcraft *really* all that important? No. If it isn’t your one major deal in life, ok. If it is, then maybe it’s time to shut off the computer and go outside.

A friend of mine owns his own gaming company – just designed a mouse because he loves WoW and he couldn’t find a multi-button mouse that worked. He turned his love for gaming into his profession. He’s also an accomplished author, having published both fiction and non-fiction books under other names. So, he may be strange but I don’t find his love of gaming unhealthy.

The guy who said to me “if WoW had the sexy parts, then it would be perfect.” Is a virtual woman with pixels banging together better than your wife? Whoops – sorry, ran off onto a tangent :) — cont. in part 2.

46. Jonnelle says:

Pastor Jamie at Mars Hill in Seattle did a message as a part of their film and theology series on “Twilight” a couple of months ago. If you are interested in listening to it, it is available on iTunes. He opened it by giving a rather detailed history of vampires and their cultural significance and evolution – going from mischief makers to soul stealing killers to overly pale eternally young people with no jobs yet very wealthy who all do “Blue Steel” (for you Zoolander fans).

After they viewed the film, he came back with a second part of the message about how Christianity can speak to the messages and what people are seeking from their obsession with “Twilight.”

We live in a world that lacks connection and real relationships. You are more plugged in than ever yet do you really *know* people? What people see modeled in Edward and Jacob is a servant/leader and protector. God wired women to want that, despite what they have been taught for the last 60-80 years. While Edward and Jacob are no substitute for Jesus, that is what is driving alot of this fury. Women of all ages see a romanticized version of a man they wish they could have yet no human man could EVER live up to.

As an aside, if you haven’t viewed Twilight with the HILAROUS commentary from RiffTrax, you haven’t watched it. Seriously, that movie had it coming. It is awful and should only be viewed with the commentary.

*long, silent driving sequence* “Line?”
    “Line?”

47. Pete, I am 33. Get it right! (Oh, and I don’t have a Team Edward t-shirt, but I’m gonna work on that. )

I have no shame about my love of the Twilight series. I am excited to see it tonight with your lovely wife.
    .-= Lindsey Nobles´s last blog ..Not Your Traditional Thanksgiving =-.

48. Kyle Reed says:

Pete
    Thanks for being the Voice of a confused generation of males trying to figure out what Twilight is or about.

This has truly inspired me to play more video games and produce more laughter thanks to bodily functions.

I would wear a shirt that says “Team Wilson”
    .-= Kyle Reed´s last blog ..Embarrasing TV =-.

49. Pete Wilson says:

@Kyle Reed, I’m glad I could inspire you on your quest for “manhood”.
    .-= Pete Wilson´s last blog ..Romantic Vampires? =-.

50. Sarah B says:

I am 33 and I have read all the books (only once) and really enjoyed them. I saw the first movie and dragged my husband to it…lol. He likes Vampire movies but oops, this was not his kind of Vampire movie. We got tickets to New Moon to go see it today…and he is going with me again. Why, because it is the only time I will talk “vampires” with him. It’s a win/win for us. Although I don’t understand the desire for young Edward…a little creepy and boring for me.
    .-= Sarah B´s last blog ..Excited Me…. =-.

51. Amanda says:

I don’t UNDERSTAND. Why are my adult friends at a 1am opening of a tweenie movie about vampires? To each their own and all that jazz, but you probably won’t find anything Twilight related anywhere near me…
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..holiday cheer! =-.

52. Beanne McLendon says:

Dont get me wrong, Edward is a hottie BUT he is also kind of a creeper/stalker! Does anyone else see this?

53. Jan C. says:

I enjoyed reading the series, even thought they became increasingly violent and disturbing as they wore on. However, I never have understood, on general principal, why anyone would want a man who feels like stone all over and makes your teeth chatter if you touch his freezing skin. Jacob sounded like a better bet to me all around!
    .-= Jan C.´s last blog ..Come to Jesus =-.

54. Jan C. says:

P.S.: Do you think they styled Rob Pattinson’s hair in a “Pete” on purpose because it’s all the rage in Nashville, or was that just a coincidence?
    .-= Jan C.´s last blog ..Come to Jesus =-.

55. Pete Wilson says:

@Sarah B., He’s a good man.
    .-= Pete Wilson´s last blog ..Romantic Vampires? =-.

56. gitz says:

Don’t worry, Pete. Not everyone involved in Twilight is in love with a vampire. Some of us are in love with a werewolf, too :)

[I’ve made your wife promise to give me the scoop on the movie since I have to wait for video. She’s a good woman.]
    .-= gitz´s last blog ..Flashback Friday: Your Hair Is Pretty =-.

57. Graham says:

Thank you. Someone said it. I however try to give off the vibe that I don’t know how to fix things. Call it ‘unmanly’ if you want but it helps me because when I do manage to pull something off correctly people are shocked and/or awed!
    .-= Graham´s last blog ..Sent From The Future =-.

58. Torybee says:

Well, add this to the list of just one more way I’m not typical and fit in with other women!

I’m an avid reader yet have no desire to read these books. (or see the movie) I must be very culturally unaware because I had no idea who Edward Cullen even was. (I try to be culturally aware!)

That being said, though I don’t understand it, it doesn’t bother me. I just dropped off my kids at school and one of my friends was wearing her twilight shirt and went to the movie theater last night to watch it and a previous twilight movie.

She knows I go to church and when she was growing up she’d also been a church gal, and mentioned that her church would really frown upon seeing or reading this type of stuff. It was nice to smile at her and say that my church hasn’t mentioned it; there is no mandate on stuff like that. She was really surprised.

Personally, I take greater issue with The Shack but that’s a whole ‘nother story. ;-)

Oh, have you read yesterday’s post on Tim Challies’ blog? (The Ultimate Christian Novel)
    So funny. His premise for a best seller christian novel would combine 3 elements: The Amish, Vampires and end-times, and he writes a little excerpt from it. (sarcastically, of course!)

:-)
    .-= Torybee´s last blog ..Accepting Freedom =-.

59. Avent says:

Are you kidding me? A man, who with one bite, could save us a bundle on wrinkle cream, plastic surgery and whatever super fruit or latest berry will make us look and feel 10 years younger! It’s a “vain” thing…I know, I know, but I had to do it!

60. Tracy says:

Thanks for a great laugh this morning.

I do think it’s the whole romantic thing that strikes a chord in the feminine soul.
    .-= Tracy´s last blog ..Political Correctness can only work with Openess =-.

61. Annie says:

Pete – I’m not a fan, either. However, if you DO decide to go fix something, please just promise us that it won’t be your roof again! I can’t take another Pete and Blake DIY roof repair. Besides, I’m afraid part 2 will include one of you documenting a ride in the ambulance.

62. LOL! I don’t understand it either. I will be at home or at work…watching comedy, eating ice cream or perhaps dreaming of what it would be like to own an Aston Martin DBS.

63. Daniel Whitaker says:

Save yourselves, I saw the movie, I can fix things right, and I don’t play video games all night. Its too late for me, run for the hills.

64. Tatum says:

Oh my, I LOVED this! I just finished Twilight and am eagerly trying to finish New Moon so I can go see the movie. Any free time I have (with a one year old running around is not much) my nose is stuck in those darn books… yes, my husband has felt quite neglected lately. Finally, a taste of his own medicine! He’s not much of a gamer, but fishing, hunting, and ESPN take up far too much of his time. I have to say, it’s nice to have something I’m completely “obsessed” with now too! :)
    .-= Tatum´s last blog ..Just my take on the Twilight saga… =-.

65. Deb says:

A lie is a lie and Twilight is a deception. Tolerance, harmless fun… Surely there is something worthy to do with our time. Maranatha, Lord Jesus, we are blinded by our own desires more every day.

66. Roye Glass says:

Hysterical and sooo true!!!!! My plans tonight are to blow all the pinestraw off my house, deck, and start on the backyard. Then I will be playing video games while my wife uses that ticket she bought I don’t know how long ago.

67. Casey says:

It’s because Edward is immortal, and therefore has no bodily functions.

68. Rachel says:

Such a great post! I have all the books. I’ve read all the books several times. I really like them. But I don’t understand the obsession with them. It’s just a story. A long drawn out story. Nothing more.

My hubby thinks I’m obsessed with the series because I read the books fairly often. He has no idea what true obsession looks like!

Oh,one more thing: Aren’t these guys supposed to be goo looking? From what I’ve seen in the promos, they aren’t. They look like normal guys trying to be cool instead of cool guys trying to be normal.
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Bonfire. 10 years later. =-.

69. Sarah says:

I’m with @joanna. I don’t get it.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Wordless Wednesday =-.

70. Pete Wilson says:

@Casey, now it’s starting to make sense.

71. mommycub says:

My husband just asked if the “shoe was on the other foot” what would happen? Don’t know where he’s going with this line of thinking. :/ Hmmm… in fairness if the husbands were running around screaming (guess they would drool), twittering non stop, clambering to see a movie, and wearing t-shirts about a couple of Victoria’s Secret models (romance for girls= bombshell for boys)… guess there would probably be an increase in revenue for local hotels. Crud! I think he may have a point. :D

72. woody says:

i guess i am old. who the heck is Edward Cullen? is that a Halloween costume?

73. Paula says:

I’m SOOOO behind!

I hadn’t heard of this series until a couple months ago – haven’t read any of the books nor seen the 1st movie.

Guess I need to “get with it”…

74. JP says:

Pete,

My three daughters have read all the Twilight books and on one hand I ma glad it has gotten a couple of them to actually like reading. I do not understand their obsession with men with fangs and this weekend is their weekend to go crazy ( it is their version of the Super Bowl). I actually blogged about the movies and the books and those posts still get some of the most hits. I don’t even try to understand it. I just love my girls.

JP
    .-= JP´s last blog ..Dog Skateboards to Tony Hawk Wii Game =-.

75. Shannon says:

This is my mommy break, and although I am 33 and own a Twilight T-Shirt (no teams involved) I have to say that after going to see Twilight last year I am looking forward to the people watching the most!!!
    Last year I saw everything from emo tweens and teens, school teachers, grandparents, reluctant boyfriends and a pastor and his wife all in a 500 seat theatre to watch a guy sparkle.
    Brownie points to all men who who’ve actually sat through it with their wives, girlfriends, and sisters including my husband (I sat through plenty of man movies before, i.e. Strange Brew).
    .-= Shannon´s last blog ..Who’s Afraid of Stephen King? =-.

76. Kim Harr says:

Stellar post, Pete!
    Kim,
    Team Edward

77. Pete Wilson says:

@Paula, come on girl. Get with it!

78. Rachel Hauck says:

I do not find Vampires the least bit appealing. In fact, I find this whole romantic vampire thing disturbing.

So he’s a nice guy who doesn’t play video games. He’s a vampire! You mean there are no mortal men who can be romantic and put down the joy stick? Or whatever you kids are calling the video game remote these days.

Vampires are traditionally evil no? How can evil choose good. In the vast scheme of things, it would be impossible for Edward NOT to bit Bella. He is a prisoner of his being, of his character, he cannot choose No.

What appeals is the desire of every woman to be so wanted a man would give up everything to love us. And only one man has ever done that, Jesus.

We would do well to focus more on Him and less on Edward.

Rachel

79. Rachel Hauck says:

Add an “e” to bite. :) LOL

80. Pokinatcha says:

No Twilight ever for this wahine! Plus it’s Bunco weekend.
    .-= Pokinatcha´s last blog ..Word Filled Wednesday =-.

81. Pete Wilson says:

Well @Pokinatcha, we can’t let anything get in the way of Bunko. Hope you win!!!

82. Fran says:

Well…I’m in the minority here probably…have not read one of the books at all and have no desire to see the movie. We are anxious to go see the Blind Side though so that is where you’ll find us. ;)

But, hey, whatever floats your boat people with the vampire thing.
    .-= Fran´s last blog ..Middle school and memories….oh, the joy! =-.

83. Bill Renfrew says:

I think women like vampires because they’re such great listeners. Plus, they’ve got that pursuit thing down! They’ll do whatever it takes to get their girl. They never give up….and I mean never. ;>)

It isn’t really fixed unless you’ve got some extra parts left over when you’re done. I’m convinced that’s why stuff doesn’t work…too many parts. Next time leave some stuff out, Pete. You’ll be amazed.

84. Bill Renfrew says:

p.s. and until something else breaks around here I’ll be continuing my pursuit of my life goal…taking 1st place in the Crashbreaker race on on White Mountain (Burnout Revenge) so I can finally unlock the EA racer. (ppfffttt..)

85. Pete Wilson says:

@Bill, Go for it bro. I know you can do it. :)

86. Linda Hobart says:

I think being a Christian should mean we are “obsessed with the God/Man Jesus Christ”. Right before reading your blog, I posted an article about this same thing this morning after a long discussion with several young Christian women last night. See my post at:

87. DisneyCyndi says:

Not a ywilight fan, but I am always amazed by how many news reports talk about all of the teens that love the books and movies. I can’t tell you how many of my grown girlfriends are excited about the movies and will be in line just like the teen girls to see it. Got to say though its not on my girls list (and they are both 20 somethings). Maybe if Shamar Moore or Will Smith were in it they would go. LOL
    .-= DisneyCyndi´s last blog ..Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Black Women’s Hair =-.

88. Jeff Goins says:

Hah! Love it. But I won’t tell anyone here that I actually saw New Moon this weekend… and liked it. Er, uh. Hmmm…

(May have just lost at least 10, if not 20 masculinity points.)

Gotta go chop some wood.
    .-= Jeff Goins´s last blog ..Twilight Saga: Should You Take Your Daughter to New Moon? =-.

89. I don’t understand the whole vampire thing. I’m not one of these women. But I love to take things apart.

90. Jeanie says:

Team Grown Women Who Will Never See ANY Vampire Movie = +1

(p.s. I have a nephew named Jett)

91. Tony York says:

What’s interesting to me is that Edward is like around 100 years old and the girl he is after is like 17.

If he weren’t a vampire, then the movie would just be gross.. right?
    .-= Tony York´s last blog ..Salvation – ABC to BRO =-.

92. krista says:

this post just made my day

93. So bizarre-o world we live in…in SA, the movie just released (a few days later then in the States) and to my surprise, the theater was filled with men. Like “manly” men. Men that appeared to be into women. Men that weren’t dragged there with their daughters, wives or girlfriends; they were just there to watch the movie. Me? I was there with my friend and her 13 year old daughter…I’m not ashamed.
    .-= kristiapplesauce´s last blog ..Trash =-.

94. […] that goes at the end of your tweet. Example: “I just saw @pwilson at Barnes & Noble reading Twilight. #book.” The number sign is the hash and book is the […]

95. zoya says:

i don’t know weather this all is true or not but i love edward

96. Val says:

What kind of carnal, adolescent garbage is this coming out of a “church” that purports to represent Jesus Christ? Hireling “pastors”, up to their necks in pop culture filth”, serving it up to more worldlings who have never been genuinely regenerated in the first place. To think that believers are dying for their faith while evangelicals adulterate with the world. James 4:4 “You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.” That’s the Bible talking, not me.

97. […] his post here. This is a example of a seeker pastor who cares more about being relevant and culturally hip than […]

98. Lesa says:

This is hilarous… Actually my fourty year old aunt drug me to see Twilight New Moon and Eclipse… I think I’m the youngest girl, at 21, in my family….. but I’m the only one who completely dislikes the twilight series…. I mean seriously… Pete I agree with you… I’m not sure what they see in some creepy white sharp fanged fake diamond sparkling vampire lol… I’d rather just have a great christian guy who loves God more than anything else in the world lol.

99. Meg Pieroway says:

you are a pastor and THIS is what you blog about?!!!! WOW….